Make sure you’re ready for us to measure your windows.
As we are coming to your home to take detailed measurements there are a few things to check before our visit, to make sure your windows are ready to be measured.
- If you’re having new windows, make sure these have been fitted first and trim or window sills are finished.
- If you’re building or decorating, make sure any plastering around the window is complete.
- If you’re having a new kitchen or bathroom, make sure any tiling or upstands have been fitted.
- Make sure any new flooring has been laid and your skirting board fitted if we are measuring doors.
- We will need access to each window that needs measuring. So please ensure we can get behind sofas or chairs and advise us if any windows are up high that we might need ladders for.
- Please remove any items on the window sill as we will need to measure across the sill and put spirit levels on it.
How long will a home survey take?
The measuring time will depend on the advice you need, the number of windows and the shape of them.
We can measure a simple window in 5-10mins. Bay windows or doors can take between 30mins to an hour to measure.
It’s hard to say with a shaped window, so it really depends on their size and complexity so could be anything between 10mins and 2 hours.
If you have watched our videos and received our shutter guide you should have a very good idea on the type of shutter you want, the design, colour and louvre sizes. So most of your questions should be answered, you should be clear on the pricing, payment and ordering before our visit. If not, please let us know.
I would allow a good 30mins to discuss and confirm the best design for your windows, we will need to confirm the price and provide a written quote detailing your chosen design.
So as a guide I would allow 1-2 hours for most home surveys if you’re doing a whole house or have multiple bay windows, then allow 3 hours.